Career Transition Coaching
So Why Use a Coach During Transition?
Having a coach during a transition is like having a personal trainer vs. a gym membership. A personal trainer helps you lay out your personal goals then set a plan in action toward achieving those goals. They bring education and experience to give you the confidence to know you are doing the right things to achieve maximum results. They motivate you, give you discipline, provide accountability, encourage you and support you – but most of all they challenge you to know how to be your best. A coach brings tools, techniques and ideas to help you build skills, habits and behaviors and show up prepared. Game On!
A gym membership is there – kind of nagging you to come and exercise some discipline. It’s all up to you. You go it alone. Are you new to the gym? Do you know you are doing the right things? Do you know how to use all that is available? Do you feel alone sometimes like everyone is watching you and you’re not quite sure you know what you are doing?
Would you like some help? Here are some things we might work on together:
- Rediscovering your identity in the absence of a job title.
- Understanding where you have thrived in the past, what allowed you to thrive and what made the situation so meaningful – so you can find the job of your dreams.
- Understanding what is getting in your way as you move through transition and then removing those obstacles.
- Getting your game on again – regaining your confidence and self-esteem.
- Considering and exploring career options.
- Developing and executing against a marketing plan (resume, bio, personal brand, elevator pitch, LinkedIn profile, target audiences, etc.).
- Developing and executing against an operating plan (working a plan, having your game on every day, discipline and accountability, using your strengths in transition, etc.).
- Getting comfortable networking – There’s an 85% chance your job will come through Networking. You will gain access to the robust All-Star Executive Coaching network of senior executives and business leaders to help you in your search.
- Increasing your communication skills so you connect, establish rapport, give energy and have more influence with people you are meeting with.
- Stepping into the leader that you are – Working from an empowered state of mind.
- Interview preparation and enhancing interview skills.
- Using positive psychology to keep you motivated and inspired.
- Having fun and making the most of your career coffee break!
You don’t want to just land a job – we want you in the right job! What is that worth to you? It’s time to invest in YOU!
I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Kimberly for the past 3 months. WOW is the best way to describe the experience. As an Executive Coach, Kimberly has been instrumental for me. She’s helped me better understand my strengths, likes, dislikes and who I am at my best moments. My brand has greatly been improved thanks to Kimberly.
Kimberly’s extensive experience gives her insights valuable in assisting professionals as they move along with their careers.
Through her coaching, I’m learned many new things about myself, who I am, and where I should go. All I can say is I would have loved to have met her 10 years ago!
– Miguel Serricchio, EVP – Channel Management & Strategy at LSQ FUNDING GROUP, LC
Here’s the simple statement: Kimberly changed my life. For years, I had struggled with self-doubt and anxiety. Kimberly’s comprehensive, methodical, compassionate approach produced a lasting change. She taught me and enabled me to create processes and structures to keep these terrible emotions at bay. She has an abundant range of tools and tactics that she accesses seamlessly to fit specific situations. She is amazing.
– Jeff Rose, CEO, Employee Health Services
Working with Kimberly is a joy. She is a great inspiration and coach. She is very smart and insightful. She engages with you and helps you see your full potential. She is highly trained in Executive Coaching. Her successful corporate career allows her to connect with the challenges of her clients.
– Joanna Oliva, SVP & Chief Financial Officer at Water and Power Community Credit Union
Kimberly has the innate ability to bring out the best in you and build on existing personality traits and skill sets to enhance marketability and provide tools that differentiate and define leadership style.
– Allyn Lean, President, The Glenn Allyn Group